July 25, 2010
F# pattern matching for beginners: index
This post provides links for the F# pattern matching for beginners series.
1. Getting started with the F# match keyword and some seemingly trivial but important patterns.
2. Decomposition of tuples and discriminated unions to pick out the interesting bits of data in each case
3. Guards allow you to inject custom logic into match cases
4. Lists and recursion using patterns
6. Active patterns, a way to extend the pattern system with your own encapsulated reusable abstractions
The complete F# patterns documentation is here.
July 25, 2010 | Permalink
TrackBack URL for this entry:
Listed below are links to weblogs that reference F# pattern matching for beginners: index:
Thank you for this. I've been trying to get my head around F# and much of the magic lies in pattern matching. Your blog posts made it a whole lot more comprehensible.
Posted by: Mikael Lundin at Aug 10, 2010 6:08:23 PM